- Change starts with me (and you).
I will consider my own biases and be open to changing myself before lamenting that others stand in the way of change.
- Complaining is not an option.
I forfeit my right to complain (and get what I deserve) if I am not willing to act.
- There are no sacred cows (including mine).
Everyone and everything I value is fair game.
- There are no invitations.
I will actively participate in change whether or not I’ve been asked. I will not view change as being inflicted on me.
- Change requires an open mind.
I will attempt to find the value in new ideas, remembering that an idea is rarely 100% right or 100% wrong.
- Risk is part of the equation.
I will take chances, experiment, and break the rules when I need to. However, I remain accountable for my actions.
- Diversity breeds perspective.
I will find the “freaks”. I will learn from people that are nothing like me by listening to them and watching what they do.
- There is no plug and play.
I will think. I will adapt ideas before I adopt them.
- The target is moving.
I must constantly evolve, never being satisfied with how things are, but always considering how they could be.
- Resistance is futile.
I am either causing change, adapting to it, or subject to it. Everything changes.