“Steering an organization through change is hard [you need to]
- ...take care of yourself
- ...maintain your inner compass
- ...trust is the important part [helps people to]
- work through differences
- take risks
- work harder
- keep rumors, politics, and turnover at bay
- ...put the right people in the right jobs
- ...diversity matters…pick people different from yourself
- ...nurture healthy debate…resolving meaningful conflict makes stronger teams.”
I especially like her last
point. While unresolved conflict weakens
teams, healthy conflict is good and strengthens teams.
My favorite quote in this keynote: “You can’t fear failure…I actually feel embarrassed we haven’t failed more often.”
PaidContent.org did a great job covering her presentation.